Presented by three involved organizations, CEATEC JAPAN has been established as the largest IT and electronics forum in Asia for disseminating and exchanging related media and information. Since first opening in 2000, CEATEC JAPAN has gained high accolades as an event that heralds performance results and latest trends in IT and electronics to the world. As a well-established exhibition, it is proudly now in its 13th year.
The environment surrounding the electronics and IT industries in 2012 has been impacted by the financial crisis in Europe, which has also stretched around the globe, as well as issues with an unprecedented high yen, and pressing concerns about the electricity supply in Japan — there are still many tensions to overcome. However, Japan is gradually sorting out the various difficulties caused by the Great East Japan Earthquake of last year, and there is also a firm and quickening pace towards recovery in the Japanese economy.
Furthermore, there has been a new and definite shift toward “smart systems” that offer solutions for the problems that face society, for instance the issue of insufficient electricity supply resulting from the disaster.
And, in furthering this shift towards smart systems, much anticipation has been placed on the IT, electronics, medical, healthcare, agriculture, residential, automotive industries and others to create new markets.
In light of all this, CEATEC JAPAN 2012 will open with the theme “Smart Innovation — Creating a prosperous lifestyle and society” in recognition of the revolutions in technologies in the IT and electronics industries that hold the promise of delivering more comfortable lifestyles and societies. CEATEC JAPAN 2012 is positioned to deliver the “Japanese smart innovation” message to the world, and thus accelerate moves toward achieving these smart systems.
CEATEC JAPAN 2012
Oct. 2 (Tue.) – Oct.6 (Sat.)
ICT Suite / Electronics Suite Oct.2 – Oct.5
Follow Ubergizmo coverage of CEATEC on this page: http://www.ubergizmo.com/tags/ceatec/
- 2013-10-03: TDK Heat-Assisted Magnetic Recording Boosts HDD Capacity (HAMR)
- 2013-10-03: Mitsubishi Car Display System Sports Free Form Screen
- 2013-10-03: This Nissin Cup Noodle Has Touched The Allspark!
- 2013-10-03: NTT docomo Showcases Dragon Quest Metal Slime Smartphone
- 2013-10-03: Mazda Shakin’ Racer App Gives Your Arm A Workout
- 2012-10-04: Murata walking measurement system integrated into ‘smart shoes’
- 2012-10-04: Muscle Suits make heavy lifting easier
- 2012-10-03: Panasonic AX Series Windows 8 Ultrabook (gallery)
- 2012-10-03: CEATEC Innovation Awards 2012
- 2012-10-03: Tosy mRobo dancing robot