It does seem as though social TV as well as companion apps are quite the hot topic these days, and zeebox intends to ride on this wave of popularity by debuting its TV Companion Experience in the US for a slew of platforms – namely the iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android and of course, the Web. zeebox had come to an agreement with Comcast Cable, NBCUniversal, HBO and Cinemax across over 30 TV networks, and hopefully they will be able to make something out of the situation.
Of course, this is just the beginning, so I am quite sure that we can more or less expect addition partners to come on board sometime down the road. zeebox launched their TV Companion apps in the UK last year, allowing consumers to discover what they could watch through the simple act of browsing comprehensive TV listings, social media and personalized recommendations. This cloud-based app recognizes the context of just what its users are watching, where it will then hope to make the entire experience all the more relevant by recommending connected topics.
zeebox will launch with features such as a comprehensive 7-day TV program guide across all major US TV channels, Facebook and Twitter integration, in-depth information on your shows, and e-commerce links amongst others.
- 2014-04-23 Russia ‘Anti-Terrorism’ Laws Might Make Skype, Gmail, Facebook Illegal
- 2014-04-23 A Power Suit That Lets You Pay By Swiping The Sleeve
- 2014-04-23 Facebook Oculus Deal Gets Regulatory Approval
- 2014-04-23 Huawei Targets $300M Spend In Global Marketing For 2014
- 2014-04-22 Hitachi Eyes World’s Fastest Lift In China