GoPro announced a new action camera today, and Contour, another player in the market, matched it by announcing the new ContourRoam2 camera. Contour currently produces the Countour+2, which is a full-featured high-end camera, but at $400 it was out of reach for most skate rats. The ContourRoam2 starts at $200, and it can record 1080p at 30 frames per second, and also 720p at 60 frames per second. It features a time-lapse photo capture, which can take a photo at seven different intervals ranging from one second to once every minute. But the feature that many action sports enthusiasts will appreciate is the lack of buttons: there’s only one switch that both turns the camera on and starts recording. And to make sure your shots are lined up correctly, there’s a laser level. As for storage, it comes with a 4GB microSD card, but of course dedicated shooters will pop that out and plug in a bigger card as soon as they can.
The ContourRoam2 is available for $200 from Amazon now, and will be available at retailers on October 21.
Next Story: Nexus 7 to gain $100 model and 32GB model?
- 2014-04-23 Fitbit's Market Share Remains Strong Despite Force Recalls
- 2014-04-23 LG Files For "W Watch" Trademark
- 2014-04-23 News Republic And Appy Geek Launched For Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit
- 2014-04-23 LG G Watch Release Expected After Google I/O 2014
- 2014-04-23 Chinese Company Constructs 10 Houses Per Day With 3D Printer