Apple has just announced that Senior Vice President in charge of iOS Software Scott Forstall will be leaving Apple next year. They’ve spread his responsibilities to Apple’s other top brass, and for the moment he’s still listed on Apple’s website. Also leaving is retail chief John Browlett, who had a significantly shorter tenure than Forstall. From the press release:
Apple today announced executive management changes that will encourage even more collaboration between the Company’s world-class hardware, software and services teams. As part of these changes, Jony Ive, Bob Mansfield, Eddy Cue and Craig Federighi will add more responsibilities to their roles. Apple also announced that Scott Forstall will be leaving Apple next year and will serve as an advisor to CEO Tim Cook in the interim.
Make no mistakes, this is a major management change relating to the most profitable and successful products (iPhone and iPad) the world has ever seen. Read the whole press release here.
Update: internal sources say that he was actually fired.RELATED
- Pebble Smart Watch Update for IOS 7 and SDK 2.0
- ShutterBall Helps You Take Just The Right Selfie With Your iPhone
- Analyst Expects 10 Million iWatch Sales During Initial Launch Year
- Japanese iPhone Accessory Makes Smell-O-Vision A Reality
- Apple iWatch Expected To Use Flexible OLEDs [Rumor]
- Seen at: cultofmac