Microsoft’s upcoming Surface tablet might have experienced a sold out status in the US for its pre-orders, and we are not surprised to hear that considering how this tablet might just nudge its way into the tablet scene to turn what is currently a two horse race into a three horse race. Since all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, we are not surprised to hear that the Surface tablet too, will be able to support Xbox 360 controllers with the possibility of playing nice with the Kinect peripheral as well.
This bit of information was revealed at a recent “Ask Me Anything” session on Reddit which was moderated by Surface general manager Panos Panay, and when faced with the question, “Does the Surface support Kinect and/or 360 usb controller inputs?”, Panay replied, “We used the 360 USB controllers to play with Surface all the time and they work great. We have not tried Kinect yet.” This definitely does sound promising, and there had best be great FPS titles on the Surface for us to make full use of the Xbox 360 controllers.
- 2014-04-14: Titanfall Sales In The UK Up By 220% After Xbox 360 Version
- 2014-04-11: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Not Be Coming To Games On Demand
- 2014-04-07: GoPro Channel Xbox 360 App Release Tomorrow
- 2014-04-06: Xbox 360 Emulation On Xbox One Mulled
- 2014-04-06: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Be A "True Experience"