Monitors that usually come with speakers embedded into them don’t necessarily provide the best sound, but they’re a quick and simple solution for those who wish to keep their desktop as clutter free as possible and who don’t necessarily require audiophile-grade speakers. That being said, it looks like ASUS might have a couple of monitors they have recently unveiled that pack some speakers that will make many sit up and pay attention. Announcing the MX279H and the MX239H, these are 27” and 23” monitors by ASUS that feature 3W stereo speakers by renowned speaker manufacturer, Bang & Olufsen.
These displays feature speakers that utilize ASUS’ SonicMaster technology that has been designed by the ASUS Golden Ear team and Bang & Olufsen’s ICEpower, which comes with Bang & Olufsen’s ICEpower MobileSound 3 chip embedded in them. Given that ASUS has some experience in the sound industry with their soundcards like the Xonar Essence, and with Bang & Olufsen’s expertise in the field, we guess that these embedded speakers should be able to deliver much better quality than one can expect from embedded speakers. As far as the monitors themselves are concerned, they offer display resolutions up to 1920×1080, dual HDMI and D-sub input ports, and a bezel of 0.8mm, giving the illusion of a near-frameless design.
- 2014-04-10: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-27: AT&T Details ASUS PadFone X Specifications
- 2014-03-24: ASUS ZenFone 6, 5, And 4 To Be Released In April
- 2014-03-23: ASUS PadFone X Spotted At The FCC
- 2011-09-09: ASUS announces N55SF and N75SF laptops
- 2011-07-04: ASUS NX90 Gets Blinged Out With 40,000 Swarovski Crystals
- 2010-01-08: Asus NX90 Bang & Olufsen ICEpower notebook