If you’ve never played Battlefield before, you might be in luck because to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Battlefield 1942, Electronic Arts has announced that they will be making the game available for free via its Origin service. The digital version of the game will come with multiplayer capabilities, allowing you to go up against other players who own the game as well. Now the “bad news” is that because this is the free version, it will not include existing expansion packs which means you will need to buy them separately, and that compatibility with older mods is not guaranteed. Either way if you love FPS games and ones that take place in World War II, perhaps this might be a game worth checking out.
- 2014-04-11: Blizzard Unveils New Heroes Of The Storm Characters
- 2014-04-11: Study Uses StarCraft 2 To Prove The Effects Of Aging
- 2014-04-11: Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Allows PS3 Users To Upgrade For Free To PS4
- 2014-04-11: EA Looking To Transition Older Battlefield Titles From GameSpy's Servers
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title