Unless the game is an exclusive for a certain console, chances are if it is developed for the PlayStation 3, you will probably see an Xbox 360 version and vice versa, and most of the time the Nintendo Wii gets left out of the mix. If you were hoping that things would change with the Wii U, you might be disappointed as according to Gearbox’s CEO, Randy Pitchford, it looks like Borderlands will not be making its way onto the Wii U, which will probably be a bummer for many gamers who were hoping for a possible Wii U version of the game.
According to Pitchford, “We get asked if there is going to be a Wii U version of Borderlands, and the reason why there’s not is because we couldn’t think of a natural, obvious, ‘OMG, I want that for what the Wii U brings to the table’ feature.” Interesting Gearbox is also developing another FPS, Aliens: Colonial Marines for the Wii U, so what’s the difference then? Pitchford had this to say, “But with Aliens, the first thing we thought was ‘Holy sh*t, I can have a motion controller in my hands!’ When it’s there in my lap it feels like I’m part of the movie.” From what we can infer, if Gearbox can find a way to make use of the Wii U’s features that will complement the game, perhaps we will see Borderlands make its way onto the console in the future.
- 2014-04-23 Mario Kart 8 Demo Rumored For Release Ahead Of Official Game
- 2014-04-22 New Fatal Frame For The Wii U Being Developed
- 2014-04-17 Nintendo Sued For Alleged Patent Infringement Over Wii U's Dual Screen Capabilities
- 2014-04-17 Box Art Hints At Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle
- 2014-04-15 Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme