If you have enjoyed Sony’s Android offerings, you might be wondering why Sony hasn’t hopped aboard the Windows Phone bandwagon yet. After all some of its Android competitors, such as Samsung and HTC, have both Android and Windows Phone handsets in their portfolio, so why wouldn’t they want a piece of that pie? Despite many rumors suggesting that Sony had a Windows Phone in the works back in the day, it was confirmed again by the company that they will not be making a Windows Phone, at least not in the foreseeable future.
This was revealed by Sony Mobile’s sales chief, Dennis van Schie in an interview with the Financial Times Deutschland where he was quoted as saying, “We have a good relationship with Microsoft and are closely watching the development of Windows Phone.. If it succeeds, we will not be caught off guard.” Given that Microsoft’s Windows Phone platform only commands a small share of the smartphone market, it is understandable that some manufacturers are hesitant when putting their eggs in Microsoft’s basket, but looking at how well the Nokia Lumia 920 is doing for itself, perhaps that future for Sony could be sooner rather than later.
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-04-08 Sony Windows Phone Device Expected This July
- 2014-02-07 Sony Hints At Possible Windows Phone Device
- 2014-01-10 Sony Could Develop Windows Phone Handsets In The Future
- 2013-12-31 Sony Expected To Launch Windows Phone Smartphone In 2014
- 2012-09-11 Sony might be looking into Windows Phone devices