It was not too long ago that the Nintendo Wii U was released, and here we are with word that Yoshi’s Island Wii U is going to make its way to the latest Nintendo console. Still, this unannounced Wii U title was apparently dismissed by Nintendo in a flash, claiming that the debug menu which showed up the Yoshi’s Island Wii U was just a “mockup”, and needless to say, of no important consequence. However, online retail listings on Best Buy and Future Shop do seem to point out otherwise, making references to the Yoshi’s Island Wii U title. Guess Nintendo was not all that truthful, and Yoshi’s Island Wii U was even listed as a full-scale title with HD graphics.
Best Buy said, “Take Yoshi on an epic adventure to remember in Yoshi Land for Nintendo Wii U. Check out Yoshi as you’ve never seen him before: in glorious high definition. Enjoy dual-screen control thanks to the Wii U Touchscreen GamePad, while you’ll also be able to experience full integration with Nintendo’s MiiVerse service.”
Guess Yoshi’s Island Wii U will eventually end up as a full retail game instead of being a downloadable title, and neither will be it a rehash of old Yoshi’s Island games. Whoop-de-doo, perhaps?
Next Story: Asus Echelon Camo Edition Gaming Headset
- 2014-04-17: Nintendo Sued For Alleged Patent Infringement Over Wii U's Dual Screen Capabilities
- 2014-04-17: Box Art Hints At Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-13: Watch Dogs For Wii U Pegged For Fall 2014
- 2014-04-03: Mario Kart 8 Will Run At 30fps With 3-4 Players
- 2014-04-01: EA Apologizes To Nintendo For "Unacceptable" Wii U Joke