When iOS 6 was launched, iDevice users saw the end of the ability to gift apps from the App Store. Although Apple did not explain why, the newly redesigned App Store could hold the answer to the sudden demise of the cool feature. Today, however, Apple seems to be bringing back the feature just in time for the holiday season. To gift a specific app, simply click the action sheet button and then hit the gift button. Users can even schedule the delivery of their gifts (up to 90 days).
However, as noted by TNW, the new unannounced gifting procedure in the App Store is a “bit awkward” since it requires users to tap the action button in the upper right corner of an app’s listing to bring up the action sheet. Still, it’s nice to know that iOS 6 users can finally gift paid apps to fellow iOS users. On the other hand, users running iOS 5 and lower can still enjoy the ability to gift apps from the normal link in the App Store.
Next Story: Sharp Unveils 60-inch Ultra-HDTV
- 2014-01-30 Intel AppUp Bids Adieu
- 2014-01-07 Apple App Store Downloads Top $10 Billion
- 2013-12-16 'No Better' Lorde Single Given Away Free By Apple
- 2013-11-26 Apple Tweaks App Store Search Engine To Disregard Spelling Mistakes
- 2013-09-17 Apple Allows Aging iOS Devices To Download Last Compatible Version Of Apps
- 2012-07-09 Apple fixes iOS 6 App Store bug