If there is one thing that brings a smile to the face of passengers on an aircraft, it would be the inflight service that lights up your emotion, even more so during a particularly long flight. Seeing flight attendants go up and down the aisle with a trolley is a normal scene, but how about an automated bartender trolley known as the Skytender? The Skytender went through its maiden flight, and it could be the beginning of a fully robotic drink service for passengers. In fact, passengers can choose from 18 different drinks with but a push of the button, using machine-like efficiency to churn out your favorite “poison”.
If there is one thing about the Skytender that is a huge minus, it would be this – as long as the Skytender is not human, it will be unable to lend a shoulder to cry on and a listening ear for one to pour out his or her entire heart. Ah well, you can’t win ‘em all. Still, the Skytender can mix hot and cold drinks, carrying up to 30 liters of water so that there will be less need for refills in between.
- 2014-04-18: One Sky, One Road Project Sees 80 Hour Drive Across Japan Recorded
- 2014-04-17: Toshiba’s MicroSD Memory Cards Are World’s Fastest
- 2014-04-17: Amazon Fire TV’s Voice Search Expands Partners Roll
- 2014-04-17: Home Try-On Program For Google Glass Launched
- 2014-04-17: Glasses Use OLED Screens To Show Fake Eyes