If you’re in the market for a set of speakers that are stylish looking and that might play nice with the interior design of your bedroom or living room, Stelle Audio has recently unveiled the Pillar speaker, which as you can see in the image above, is a speaker designed in a rather minimalist sort of way and has been shaped in the form of a cylinder. One of its key features is the fact that users will be able to stream music via the speakers using their mobile device, and even better is the fact that it will be powered by a battery. This means you will be able to take it with you on the go or move it around the house.
The speakers will feature a battery that promises a 30 hour battery life, and users will be able to keep track of the battery life via the accompanying app. Thanks to its Bluetooth connectivity, users will also be able to use the speakers to listen to their calls. Priced at $300, the Pillar speaker is expected to go on sale in 2013, and if you’ve got enough cash to spare, it seems that you could even buy multiple Pillar speakers and set them up around the house and have them all stream music once you have your mobile device within range, pretty cool huh? We can’t really speak for its audio quality since we have yet to try it for ourselves, but we suspect that these speakers are aimed more towards those who are interested in wireless music streaming and portability, rather than the audiophile.
- 2014-04-17: Major Record Labels Hit Pandora With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
- 2014-04-17: Future Sonos Software Update Could See Full Wireless Speaker System Capability
- 2014-04-17: Tonino Lamborghini Unveils Trio Of In-Ear Headphones
- 2014-04-16: More On Imogen Heap's Mi.Mu Glove For Music
- 2014-04-16: iOS 8 Could Feature Built-In Song Identification Thanks To Shazam [Rumor]