Thinking about getting your hands the Nexus 7 tablet? The good news is that in an effort to reach out to a larger digital audience, British newspaper The Times is reportedly offering subscribers a heavily subsidized Nexus 7 32GB for 50 GBP. The standard retail price is 199 GBP, so 50 GBP sounds like a pretty good deal. The catch is that in order to qualify for this subsidized Nexus 7, customers would be required to subscribe to The Times over the course of 18 months which can either be paid upfront at 299 GBP, or they can opt to be charged on a monthly basis at 17.33 GBP a month. Subscribers will be able to gain access to The Times’ paywalled content, which at the same time allows them to access The Times on multiple platforms through the app. What this means is that even though you will be getting a Nexus 7 tablet out of this deal, if you prefer reading The Times on your iPad, your subscription will allow you to do so (meaning you won’t have to subscribe twice). It’s an interesting move and we wonder if this might be good enough to encourage more readers to subscribe to the digital versions of publications.
- 2014-02-26: ASUS Nexus 7 Dock Now On Sale
- 2014-02-16: Nexus 7 2013 16GB White Spotted On Best Buy
- 2014-02-13: Verizon Nexus 7 LTE Activation Possible Via New Update
- 2014-02-11: Verizon Nexus 7 Release Confirmed For February 13th
- 2014-02-09: Verizon’s Nexus 7 Arrives At Stores (Rumor)