Nintendo’s Wii Fit has been helping people ever since it was released in 2008 by helping people keep track of their fitness, or keep their tables from being wobbly messes. A new Nintendo console means the company will be bringing its more successful ideas to the Wii U, one of which will be Wii Fit U early next year.
Nintendo held a presentation today announcing a number of things, one of which was the new Wii Fit U and its improvements over the previous titles. One new feature is called the Fit Meter, which is a pedometer that will allow the user to record their physical activity throughout the day to then be uploaded into Wii Fit U.
At its launch, Wii Fit U will have 77 activities with many of them carried over from previous Wii Fit titles. As of now, there’s no exact date when Wii Fit U will be made available, but Nintendo is aiming for an early 2013 release. Hopefully you haven’t mistreated your Wii Balance Board too much so you can maybe enjoy Wii Fit U for a month before you throw your board back into the closet.
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-09: DIY Nintendo 64 Portable Console
- 2014-04-09: Super Smash Bros. Has A Bunch Of Rules That Could Get You Banned
- 2014-04-09: Nintendo Confirms New Mario Game In The Works
- 2014-04-08: Super Smash Bros. For 3DS Pegged For Summer, Wii U Version For Winter
- 2014-04-03: Mario Kart 8 Will Run At 30fps With 3-4 Players
- 2014-04-01: EA Apologizes To Nintendo For "Unacceptable" Wii U Joke
- 2014-03-24: Over 50 Unity Titles Developed For The Wii U
- 2014-03-06: Mario Kart 8 Limited Edition Revealed