Nintendo’s Wii Fit has been helping people ever since it was released in 2008 by helping people keep track of their fitness, or keep their tables from being wobbly messes. A new Nintendo console means the company will be bringing its more successful ideas to the Wii U, one of which will be Wii Fit U early next year.
Nintendo held a presentation today announcing a number of things, one of which was the new Wii Fit U and its improvements over the previous titles. One new feature is called the Fit Meter, which is a pedometer that will allow the user to record their physical activity throughout the day to then be uploaded into Wii Fit U.
At its launch, Wii Fit U will have 77 activities with many of them carried over from previous Wii Fit titles. As of now, there’s no exact date when Wii Fit U will be made available, but Nintendo is aiming for an early 2013 release. Hopefully you haven’t mistreated your Wii Balance Board too much so you can maybe enjoy Wii Fit U for a month before you throw your board back into the closet.
- 2014-04-23 Ace Attorney 3DS Takes Place In Late 1800s
- 2014-04-23 Mario Kart 8 Demo Rumored For Release Ahead Of Official Game
- 2014-04-22 Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call Confirmed
- 2014-04-22 New Fatal Frame For The Wii U Being Developed
- 2014-04-21 Nintendo Game Boy Officially Turns 25 Years Old
- 2014-04-17 Nintendo Sued For Alleged Patent Infringement Over Wii U's Dual Screen Capabilities
- 2014-04-17 Box Art Hints At Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle
- 2014-04-15 Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme