Runic Games has expressed their gratitude and thanks to over a million fans of the game Torchlight 2 which has sold over a million copies, especially after the gamers themselves were required to wait after a delay in the production, resulting in Torchlight 2 hitting the market later than many of us had expected. I guess this shows that good things come to those who wait, and gamers are not an impatient bunch of folk who do not appreciate a good thing when they see one. Hopefully other developers would be able to realize this and not rush through their titles in the years to come.
The Seattle-based studio thanked their fans as Torchlight 2 passed the one million sales mark, and tweeted, “We had an amazing 2012, and proud to say that #Torchlight2 has sold over 1 million units! Thank you! Happy New Year’s Eve everyone :)” This title saw several delays in 2012, making many people wonder whether this PC exclusive title would actually roll out before 2012 was over. We’re glad that they made it, and here is to the next million!
- 2013-01-02: Torchlight 2: More Than 1 Million Copies Sold
- 2012-10-24: Max Schaefer interested in adding building tools to Torchlight 2
- 2012-09-27: Torchlight 2 for Mac still a couple of months away
- 2012-09-04: Torchlight 2 to be released on the 20th of September
- 2012-08-13: Torchlight 2 developers sign off on Act 2, still has some way to go
- 2012-07-23: Torchlight 2 expected to be four times bigger than its predecessor