ST-Ericsson rolled out their most recent 2.5GHz NovaThor L8580 CPU earlier this year, but this does not mean that ST-Ericsson is going to remain comfortable, resting on their laurels. Well, it is nice to know that the company is now working on introducing a faster version of the processor at the upcoming Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain, that is kicking off next week – namely, the quad-core NovaThor L8580 that clocks in at a whopping 3GHz. Yes sir, 3GHz is blazing fast where a mobile processor is concerned, and to make sure that the battery is not depleted in a short time, ST-Ericsson has constructed this particular chipset using the 28nm FD-SOI manufacturing technology.
Not only that, they have also used ModAp which will optimize the execution of apps, allowing it to run at speeds of up to 35% faster in certain cases. The 3GHz NovaThor L8580 CPU is said to be able to play nice with dual cameras of up to 20-megapixel, HD voice support, and LTE connectivity. In terms of graphics, the GPU will feature a 600MHz PowerVR SGX544 variety. This remains a prototype as at press time, but we do hope to spend some time with it on the showfloor later next week.
Next Story: Android 4.2 Changelog Updated
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Vs .50 Caliber Rifle: Fight!
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Halo: Spartan Assault Kicks Off Universal Windows Games
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5