Now here is one bit of news that is not going to make you smile all over, especially if you happen to own the Archos G9 series of tablets. There is one very good reason for that, considering how folks who picked up the Archos G9 range of tablets have been waiting since 2011 for the latest version of the Android operating system, but it seems that these will remain running on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich for a long, long time to come, considering how Archos has decided to hold back the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update from the Archos G9 series.
A quick recap for those who are wondering what kind of tablets that the Archos G9 series were. First of all, you will find a TI OMAP 4 processor underneath the hood, with full compatibility with the Google Play Store, and Android 3.0 Honeycomb right out of the box, although the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update was introduced later on. It seems that this in-house decision was arrived despite spending a fair number of months analyzing and testing Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on the Archos G9 tablets, but without much success.
- 2014-03-26 Sony Xperia M Gets Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update
- 2013-11-19 Android 4.3 Update For Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Rolls Out
- 2013-10-15 Sony Xperia Z1 And Xperia Z Ultra Receives Android 4.2 Jelly Bean Firmware Update
- 2013-10-14 Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD Upgrade From Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Reconsidered
- 2013-10-13 Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD Looks To Remain Stuck In Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean For Good