It seems that Asustek, or Asus for short, will be taking the opportunity to announce their upcoming 7-inch tablet known as the Fonepad at Mobile World Congress that is happening later this month in Barcelona, Spain. Well, just what kind of features and functions does the Asus Fonepad bring to the table? This 7-inch tablet will run on the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system right out of the box, and it will also come with voice communication functions to boot.
Some of the other hardware specifications will include an Intel Atom Z242 processor, an IPS touchscreen display at 1,280 x 800 resolution, 16GB RAM and 1GB ROM, a 3-megapixel camera at the back, as well as connectivity options such as 3G, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth, not to mention GPS support to help you find your way around in unfamiliar territory. So far, initial impressions point to a price tag that hovers between the $270 and $300 mark after conversion, which would surely allow Asus to position the Fonepad as a Nexus 7 and MeMo Pad rival.
Next Story: Apple Requires Engineers To Fix iOS Maps
- 2014-04-10 ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-09 PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-27 AT&T Details ASUS PadFone X Specifications
- 2014-03-24 ASUS ZenFone 6, 5, And 4 To Be Released In April
- 2014-03-23 ASUS PadFone X Spotted At The FCC
- 2014-02-24 ASUS Fonepad 7 Gets 2 More Models
- 2013-09-04 Asus Fonepad Note 6 Gets Refreshed Specifications
- 2013-09-03 ASUS Unveils New Fonepad 7 With Improved CPU, Front-Facing Speakers
- 2013-08-15 New ASUS FonePad, MeMo Pads Specs Leaked
- 2013-08-09 ASUS Creating New PadFones, FonePads and MemoFone HD 5