Asus has a first today – having announced the TUF Series Sabertooth 990FX/GEN3 R2.0, which is touted to be the first AMD-based motherboard in the world that will carry PCI Express 3.0, allowing you to include next generation high performance graphics cards inside. In fact, you can carry up to a trio of DirectX 11 graphics cards with 28nm GPU technology within, where these can be set up via NVIDIA SLI or AMD CrossFireX. I guess gaming and performance enthusiasts will find the Asus Sabertooth to resonate the most with them, and with the famous Asus TUF Series thermal design, you can be sure that overheating is not going to be on the list of issues to contend with.
Similar to all other TUF Series motherboards, the Sabertooth has also undergone military and server-grade testing in order to make sure of its absolute stability, reliability, and longevity. Other features include a quartet of DIMM slots, Northbridge and Southbridge, independent and automatic fan speed control, and of course, a five-year warranty for that added peace of mind.
Next Story: Razer Re-releases StarCraft 2 Peripherals
- 2014-04-23 AT&T Teases ASUS PadFone X In New Video
- 2014-04-10 ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-09 PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-27 AT&T Details ASUS PadFone X Specifications
- 2014-03-24 ASUS ZenFone 6, 5, And 4 To Be Released In April
- 2011-11-17 ASUS reveals 13.3" U32U AMD Fusion APU powered notebook
- 2011-01-10 Asus Eee PC 1015B running on AMD Fusion
- 2010-03-03 New Asus Motherboard Can Unlock Latent AMD CPU Cores
- 2010-05-02 Design Of Asus Eee PC 1201X And 1201K Leaked
- 2010-06-09 ASUS Eee PC 1201K Powered By AMD Geode Processor