What do you think of the oven in your home? Perhaps it is time to smarten things up with Dacor’s offering, the Discovery wall oven that measures 30” in size, and this particular wall oven works differently from the rest in the market by virtue of an integrated 7” touchscreen display that will showcase the Android operating system running underneath the hood. Dacor calls the Android-powered app “Discovery IQ”, where it will enable a range of integrated features that will aid your cooking sessions, and heck, how about controlling your oven remotely via Wi-Fi over a smartphone?
For starters, Discovery IQ delivers options to users such as interactive cooking guides that have been pre-programmed for automated cooking, in addition to a recipe storage feature. How about unrestricted access to the Google Play Store, apart from downloading and viewing other cooking-related applications and recipes online? This smart oven of sorts will be powered by a 1GHz Samsung processor, carry 512MB RAM, a PowerVR SGX 540 graphics chipset and Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich as the operating system of choice. The Dacor Discovery Oven will arrive in double and single units for $7,499 and $4,499, respectively, later this summer.RELATED
- PiixL Jetpack: A Small Enough PC To Be Tucked Behind Your Flat Screen TV
- Natural Machines' 3D Printed Pizza Actually Looks Edible
- Luna Delivery Service Will Deliver Packages At Night When You're Actually Home
- ASUS VivoPC Windows 8-Powered Home Theater PC Now Available
- Google Opening Showrooms In Six U.S. Cities For The Holidays
- Seen at: inventorspot