When the PlayStation 4 was announced, Blizzard made an appearance at the announcement as well and revealed that Diablo 3 would be arriving on the PlayStation 3 and the PlayStation 4. We’re sure that many gamers are wondering how multiplayer would work in this case because on the PlayStation, we would have Sony’s PSN, while the PC version of Diablo 3 relies on Blizzard’s own Battle.net to connect and play with other players. Unfortunately if you were hoping to play Diablo 3 with your PC/PS3/PS4 friends, you’d be out of luck as Blizzard’s community manager Vaeflare confirmed that there will not be any cross-platform multiplayer gaming taking place.
“While we think cross-platform play would be awesome, there are currently no plans to allow connectivity between PlayStation Network and Battle.net (this is pretty standard for most games that have PC and console support). As a result, the characters on your Battle.net account and PlayStation account will also remain separate.”
Vaeflare also went on to state that gamers on the PC who are hoping to hook up an analog controller to the PC to enjoy Diablo 3 PS3/PS4 gamers would, they’d be out of luck as well as Blizzard has no plans to add that kind of support at the moment. What do you guys make of this? Would you have liked the idea of cross-platform multiplayer?
- 2014-04-11: Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Allows PS3 Users To Upgrade For Free To PS4
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2014-04-04: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Phase 2 Launched
- 2014-04-02: Sony PS4 Survey Hints At Possible Features
- 2014-04-01: Sony Japan To Get Limited Edition Final Fantasy XIV PS4 Bundle
- 2014-02-03: PS4 Update 1.60: Headset Support, Gold Wireless Headset Coming “Soon”
- 2013-12-06: 8-Hour PSN Maintenance Taking Place On December 9
- 2013-02-21: Some Diablo 3 Gamers React Negatively To Console Idea
- 2013-02-20: Sony PlayStation 4 Event Wrap-Up
- 2013-02-20: Diablo 3 Will Be Arriving On the PS3/PS4