We reported on a leaked Qualcomm roadmap which revealed a possible announcement for Android Key Lime Pie to be set in spring 2013, which coincides with this year’s Google I/O, which is scheduled for May 15-17th. It looks as though there was more to that leak than we originally thought as apparently Qualcomm has been scrambling to remove any traces of the leak across the Internet.
Qualcomm has been sending a number of tech publications notices of copyright infringements for publishing the roadmap, which in our experience, leads us to believe the leaks are absolutely true. When you also consider Qualcomm supplies chips for a large number of Android devices, the announcement date may be true for the simple fact that Qualcomm may be privy to Google’s upcoming OS plans.
Android Jelly Bean was announced at Google I/O June 2012, so a late-Spring reveal would certainly be a possibility. Until we hear confirmation from Google themselves, we’ll just have to sit back and know that its announcement is coming sooner than later.
- 2014-04-21 Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20 Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Makes Its Way Onto Android
- 2014-04-18 Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17 Galaxy S5 Review
- 2013-09-03 Android 4.4 KitKat Moniker Revealed As One Billion Device Activation Milestone Is Passed
- 2013-06-28 Android Key Lime Pie Ready For Fall Release
- 2013-06-17 Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie Concept
- 2013-04-23 Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie Release At Google I/O Reportedly Delayed
- 2013-01-31 Qualcomm Roadmap Points To Android Key Lime Pie