Earlier this morning, we talked about how Slacker revamped their service to offer a more competitive service, and here we are with word that a possible Slacker rival, Rdio, has just introduced an update to the iOS version of the app. Well, before we proceed any further, here is a little bit of history about Rdio – it started off as a streaming music service from the co-creator of Skype, and we are glad to hear that Rdio has rolled out what they deem to be the *first* in a series of updates to its iOS app.
iOS users of Rdio should be pleased with the refreshed look and design which create an easier navigation experience overall, and there will obviously be new features thrown into the mix that include Long Press, making it a whole lot simpler to interact with the music, where all you need to do is just hold your finger down on any piece of music and you can share, sync, add to playlist or Collection, or play later.
Badges are now located on the lower right of any album art, and there will be new badges to indicate which music you have added to your Collection (these are green in color) or synced to your mobile device (orange in color). There will be other updates and features introduced in the year ahead by the Rdio developer team, so stay tuned!
- 2014-04-21: Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime Spotted In Manifest (Rumor)
- 2014-04-21: Vivo XShot First Smartphone To Cross 40k AnTuTu Mark
- 2014-04-21: Mailbox 2.0 For iOS Released
- 2014-04-21: Flippypad Concept Shows How Project Ara As A Handheld Gaming Console
- 2014-04-21: Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover