[MWC 2013] The folks over at Shazam are pleased to announce that they have managed to cross the 300 million user mark around the globe, and not only that, there will be a new version of the app for the iPad as well as Android-powered tablets, specially tailored for a deeper level of engagement and exploration. The new design was unveiled at Mobile World Congress this year, and expect to see the updated version of the apps arrive on iPad and Android tablets in the weeks to come.
The redesigned Shazam app for tablets will include a revamped home screen, an improved layout for Shazam tag results where TV and music are concerned, as well as a totally new method of browsing what your friends have tagged. This provides you with new streams of activity to explore the kind of songs folks are tagging, and for those living in the US, different TV shows that are “hot” at the moment. It seems that your life is not your own any more with such interactive apps, and Shazam has promised to make available the new update in the coming weeks, so be patient!
Next Story: BlackBerry Z10 Hits The FCC
- 2013-12-19: Shazam For iPhone Updated, Now It Is Always Listening
- 2013-05-30: Shazam Windows Phone 8 App Launched
- 2013-02-25: Shazam Passes 300 Million Worldwide Users Mark
- 2012-09-17: Shazam recognizes any TV program or channel
- 2012-04-04: Shazam 5.0 update boasts 1 second song identification time
- 2011-09-29: Shazam unlimited free tagging now on iOS devices