Just the other day photos of the Sony NEX-3n and Sony SLT-A58 were spotted, and lo-and-behold, Sony has officially announced both cameras. The NEX-3n will be part of Sony’s NEX mirrorless camera lineup, while the SLT-A58 will be part of Sony’s more professional camera lineup. The NEX-3n will sport a 16MP image sensor which Sony is touting to be the “world’s smallest, lightest interchangeable-lens camera with a large APS-C sensor”. It weighs 210g and will feature a 180-degree tilting screen, a zoom level, and an ISO range of 200-16,000. It is expected to be available mid-March and will cost around $617 with the standard 16-50mm lens bundle. A twin lens version with the 55-210mm lens will be priced at $926.
Next up is the Sony SLT-A58 with a 20.1MP Exmor APS-C HD CMOS sensor. The A58 will also come with an improved Bionz image processing engine which is said to be able to product detailed and low-noise still images. It features a new OLED viewfinder, along with a 15-point autofocus system, ISO range of 100-16,000 and will be able to capture movies in Full HD video quality. The Sony SLT-A58 is planned for a release in April and should be seeing prices of $694 with the 18-55mm kit lens.
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-04-08: DxoMark Finds Sony Xperia Z2 To Have The Best Camera At The Moment
- 2014-03-19: Sony A7, A7R Camera Firmware Updates Now Available
- 2013-02-18: Sony A58 Photos Leaked
- 2013-02-07: New Sony Cameras Rumored For 20th February Announcement
- 2012-05-16: Sony SLT-A37 DSLR, Hands-On
- 2012-03-12: Sony α57 camera comes with Translucent Mirror Technology