One of the downsides to a DSLR is that they tend to be heavy and bulky, at least when compared to compact cameras and the newer mirrorless camera systems. In fact when comparing Canon’s Rebel series of DSLR cameras to its more professional EOS 5D MK II, the latter is much larger by comparison, to that end we are now hearing rumors that Canon could be looking to introduce a new DSLR line that is not only smaller, but lighter than the current range of Rebel DSLR cameras. The Rebel series of DSLR cameras is basically Canon’s entry-level cameras for those looking to dive into photography using a DSLR. While not particularly fancy, they get the job done at an affordable price.
According to the rumor, this alleged new line of Canon DSLR cameras is expected to be the in-between for the Rebel lineup and the EOS M, giving photographers the performance of a DSLR, but in a much smaller and compact body. We’re not sure how credence we would give to this rumor, not to mention that smaller DSLR cameras don’t necessarily make them more compact; in fact it might be even harder to hold and use if it were smaller. Either way there’s no telling if and when Canon will launch this alleged new line of cameras, but what do you guys think?
- 2014-04-07: Nokia Lumia Icon Goes Up Against The Canon EOS Rebel XTi
- 2014-03-11: Canon PowerShot G1 X II Might See 9th May Release Instead
- 2014-03-07: Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Recalled Due To Allergic Reaction Risk
- 2014-03-03: Canon Doesn't See Smartphones As The Enemy
- 2014-02-28: Canon EOS M2 Will Be Arriving To The US [Updated]
- 2014-02-11: Canon EOS Rebel T5 Is Cheapest DSLR From Canon Just Yet
- 2013-04-04: Canon EOS Rebel T5i Hands-On Review (EOS 700D)
- 2013-04-04: Canon EOS 6D Hands-On Review
- 2013-03-29: Alleged Canon EOS 7D MK II Test Camera Specs Revealed
- 2013-03-21: Canon Rebel T5i (EOS 700D) Is The Rebel Series' New Flagship Camera