For fans of computer games, surely you would have had heard of XCOM: Enemy Unknown in the past? That was one real time strategy game, where you had to race against time to help fend off an alien invasion, and getting the right kinds of upgrades were definitely important so that you are off on the right footing in order to send those foul beasts back to whence they came from, often times salvaging their technology and fashioning weapons to fight back. At PAX East, Firaxis debuted a spanking new trailer that did not drop too many details, although it did show off several elements that XCOM fans would find familiar.
The trailer depicted an unknown agent saying, “Hello, Commander. The war continues at great cost. We now believe another force is against us. If not dealt with swiftly, it could destroy us.” Does this mean that an expansion pack is in the works? It does sound as though this is a revamped version of X-COM: Terror from the Deep, although there is also the possibility of it being several DLC maps, no?
Next Story: Sony Works On Google Glass Competitor
- 2013-10-23: XCOM: Enemy Within Gets Game Changing Additions
- 2013-09-02: XCOM: Enemy Unknown DLC “Too Big” For Consoles
- 2013-07-31: XCOM: Enemy Within Title Leaked
- 2013-07-17: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Latest Trailer Shows Squad-Based Gameplay
- 2013-05-13: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Gameplay Trailer Gives Just A Taste Of Action