This year’s Mobile World Congress served as a launchpad for HP to announce its upcoming Slate 7 Android tablet that will be priced aggressively against the Kindle Fire and other budget-minded tablets at $169. The Slate 7 was expected to be released this April, but it looks as through your dream of owning it next month will keep being a dream as HP has quietly delayed its release to June.
Instead of making a big to do about its delay, HP updated the Slate 7′s product page to say it will be released in June. There’s no official word from HP as to what the exact issue is that resulted in their upcoming tablet to be delayed, but we’re sure we’ll hear something from the company in due time. Hopefully its delay won’t result in less sales as some potential Android tablet customers may be looking at the next-generation Nexus 7.
Next Story: 3D Printed Google Glass Helps You Be A Poser
- 2014-04-09 PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-07 HP Slate 8 Pro Business Tablet Arrives Silently
- 2014-04-07 HP Slate 7 Beats Special Edition Spotted On WiFi Alliance Website
- 2014-04-04 HP Slate 8 Pro 7650 Appears At The FCC
- 2014-03-20 HP 3D Printers Expected In June
- 2011-11-02 HP Slate 2 takes over the Slate 500
- 2011-01-26 HP Slate installed in vehicle dashboard
- 2010-12-20 HP set to deliver Bluetooth keyboard accessory
- 2010-12-01 HP Slate Rumored To Already Be Shipping
- 2010-12-02 HP Slate 500 Unboxed