The Hyperkin RetroN 5 gaming console will be a must have product for all you retro gamers out there. This console has reversed engineered hardware which is nearly two decades old that allows retro games from seven systems to be played. It plays original game cartridges and will also support original controllers, if anyone still has them. It has HDMI capability which will upscale games up to 720p, allowing all of those classic games to be played on HD TVs. AV ports are also present, in case someone wants to go full retro with fat CRT TVs. The five cartridge slots on board can handle NES, SNES, Genesis, Famicom, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Color and the original Game Boy game cartridges.
A price for RetroN 5 has not been disclosed yet, but Hyperkin says that it wants to keep it under $100. It’ll come with two Bluetooth controllers at no extra charge. No definite release date has been provided, but they say that it may be available sometime after June. So how many of you will be picking one up, before it becomes too mainstream?
Next Story: T-Mobile 4G LTE Network Being Tested In 9 Cities
- 2014-04-18: Azeroth Choppers Episode 1 Is Now Live
- 2014-04-17: Democreativity Asks For Ideas On Spreading Peace, Love And Democracy
- 2014-04-17: Titanfall On Xbox One Is Top Selling Title
- 2014-04-17: Ubisoft Announces That Watch Dogs Will Get An Ebook Of Its Own
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented