Remember the other day we reported on rumors that Canon could be introducing a new line of DSLR cameras? These alleged cameras are supposed to be the in-between for the Rebel series of entry-level DSLRs, and the EOS M, Canon’s take on the mirrorless system. Thanks to the folks at Canon Watch, it looks like they might have gotten their hands on some rumored specs for this new series of DSLRs, although based on what we see, we’re not sure if an entirely new line of cameras needs to be introduced.
In any case according to the rumored specs, one of the cameras in this new lineup is said to sport an 18MP sensor which is supposedly the same sensor found on the EOS M and the EOS 650D. It will be powered by the DIGIC 5 processor, feature a touchscreen similar to the EOS M, 9 focus points, a hybrid CMOS auto-focus system, 98% viewfinder, 6fps shooting, ISO up to 25,600 with support for EF and EF-S lens and the ability to shoot HD video. In any case we’ll be taking this with a grain of salt for now and if the rumors are right, an announcement should not be too far off.
- 2014-04-07: Nokia Lumia Icon Goes Up Against The Canon EOS Rebel XTi
- 2014-03-11: Canon PowerShot G1 X II Might See 9th May Release Instead
- 2014-03-07: Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Recalled Due To Allergic Reaction Risk
- 2014-03-03: Canon Doesn't See Smartphones As The Enemy
- 2014-02-28: Canon EOS M2 Will Be Arriving To The US [Updated]
- 2014-02-11: Canon EOS Rebel T5 Is Cheapest DSLR From Canon Just Yet
- 2013-04-04: Canon EOS Rebel T5i Hands-On Review (EOS 700D)
- 2013-04-04: Canon EOS 6D Hands-On Review
- 2013-03-29: Alleged Canon EOS 7D MK II Test Camera Specs Revealed
- 2013-03-21: Canon Rebel T5i (EOS 700D) Is The Rebel Series' New Flagship Camera