It was nearly a year ago when Microsoft first launched the Xbox SmartGlass, where an app for the Android version of the Xbox SmartGlass was also introduced sometime last year, seeing an update earlier this month which allowed it to play nice on Android-powered tablets – which is a good thing, of course. Well, there was a major cop out of sorts since support for Amazon’s range of Kindle Fire tablets was not available for a while since Amazon’s range of tablets have been so heavily modified, that plenty of Android apps are unable to run on those Amazon tablets as such.
It is then nice to hear that things have changed for the better, as Amazon has now rolled out a version of Xbox SmartGlass just meant for owners of the Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD tablets. Considering how Amazon has laid claim to selling “millions” of either device, it would translate to a potentially larger audience to make full use of the Xbox SmartGlass app.
- 2014-04-16: Amazon Cloud Drive Users Can Now See Documents Stored On A Kindle
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Amazon Smartphone Spotted
- 2014-04-13: Amazon Working On Eighth Generation Of Delivery Drones
- 2014-04-13: Fire TV Sells Out Due To High Demand, Unit Sales Figures Not Disclosed
- 2014-02-05: Amazon Video Ads Business Gets Detailed
- 2013-12-05: Survey: Amazon Kindle Fire Preferred Over Tablets With Google Play For Gaming
- 2013-11-18: Original Kindle Fire Receives Unofficial Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2013-11-18: Amazon Rolls Out Kindle Fire OS 3.1 With BYOD Support, More
- 2013-11-04: Amazon Kindles Receive Discount To Celebrate FAA's New Rules