It does not matter whether you own a Windows 8 tablet, notebook or convertible device, chances are pretty good that you would have sorted out, or at least, ran into issues concerning the limitations within the Wi-Fi hardware that just about all PC owners do whenever one hits the road. Amped Wireless has identified this as a potential market need, which is why they decided to come up with a spanking new Wi-Fi adapter which was specially developed to increase the range of Windows 8 PCs.
Known as the TAN1 Amped Wireless High Power Wi-Fi Adapter, it is now on sale for $59.99 if you are interested. The TAN1 is certainly versatile enough, as it can be used on a flat surface or attached to a notebook or tablet screen thanks to the presence of an adjustable clip. The TAN1 itself will then hook up to the USB port of the Windows 8 PC without the need for additional software installation. The TAN1 is said to extend the Wi-Fi range of any Windows 8 devices by up to three times that of their normal reach, courtesy of a couple of high-gain antennas, two 600mW power amplifiers and wireless reception amplifiers. Watch the video of the TAN1 above in action.
- 2014-04-16: Microsoft's New All-In-One Media Keyboard Destined For Your Living Room
- 2014-04-16: Book Hotels Through Google Glass Using The Starwood App
- 2014-04-16: Amazon Cloud Drive Users Can Now See Documents Stored On A Kindle
- 2014-04-16: Cesium 133 Atomic Wristwatch On Kickstarter
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year