When it comes to mirrorless cameras, Canon seems to be one of the last few manufacturers to jump aboard the bandwagon, undoubtedly ceding market share to their competitors such as Olympus and Sony who beat them to the punch. While the Canon brand is a strong one, the EOS M does not seem to be the raving success that Canon probably had in mind which is why rumors of Canon possibly relaunching the system might not seem like a stretch of the imagination.
These rumors were sent to the folks at Canon Rumors indicating that the Japanese company had plans to “relaunch” the EOS M system in the coming months with possibly two new camera models. One of them is expected to completely replace the current EOS M, while the other is expected to be a higher-end model. The rumors have also suggested that the new systems will be getting up to three new lenses in 2013 which will certainly give users more options to choose from, and perhaps make it more competitive against the likes of the mirrorless systems from Sony and Nikon.
Take this with a grain of salt for now and be sure to check out our review of the EOS M to decide if Canon’s mirrorless offerings would be suitable for you.
- 2014-04-22 Canon Teases Announcement For 24th April
- 2014-04-17 All White Canon EOS 100D Announced For The UK
- 2014-04-07 Nokia Lumia Icon Goes Up Against The Canon EOS Rebel XTi
- 2014-03-11 Canon PowerShot G1 X II Might See 9th May Release Instead
- 2014-03-07 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Recalled Due To Allergic Reaction Risk
- 2013-12-09 Newer Canon EOS M Expected In Second Half Of 2014
- 2013-12-02 Alleged Canon EOS M2 Specs Leaked
- 2013-11-11 Canon EOS M Successor Now Rumored For 2014 Launch
- 2013-09-03 New Canon EOS M Announcement Coming Soon [Rumor]
- 2013-07-08 Next Canon EOS M Upgrade Rumored To Be Incremental Only