Are you looking forward to seeing what Google will be doing with the next-generation Nexus 7 tablet? Well we are too, and according to Reuters, they are suggesting that Google could be releasing the next-generation Nexus 7 tablet in July. According to their sources, the new Nexus 7 will come with hardware upgrades, obviously, and it seems that it will be getting a display bump with a higher resolution. It will get a thinner bezel, presumably to get that edge-to-edge display effect, and could be swapping out NVIDIA’s Tegra 3 chipset with Qualcomm’s Snapdragon chipset instead.
Their source goes on to claim that the new Nexus 7 will continue to be manufactured by ASUS and that Google is pretty optimistic about this tablet are looking to ship 8 million units in the second half of 2013. It is unclear where this new Nexus 7 will fit into Google’s range of tablets. Will it completely replace the current Nexus 7? Or will it sit at the original Nexus 7’s price point, while its predecessor receives a price cut to appeal to shoppers on a budget? We’ll take this with a grain of salt for now, but the notion of Google refreshing their Nexus tablet range is definitely possible.
- Microsoft Rumored To Be Launching Low-Cost Windows Tablets In India
- Galaxy NotePro 12.2 & G Pad 8.3 Pegged For 6th March Launch On Verizon [Rumor]
- Microsoft Surface Mini Rumored For June Announcement
- Alleged Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Specs Leaked
- iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued