Are you looking forward to seeing what Google will be doing with the next-generation Nexus 7 tablet? Well we are too, and according to Reuters, they are suggesting that Google could be releasing the next-generation Nexus 7 tablet in July. According to their sources, the new Nexus 7 will come with hardware upgrades, obviously, and it seems that it will be getting a display bump with a higher resolution. It will get a thinner bezel, presumably to get that edge-to-edge display effect, and could be swapping out NVIDIA’s Tegra 3 chipset with Qualcomm’s Snapdragon chipset instead.
Their source goes on to claim that the new Nexus 7 will continue to be manufactured by ASUS and that Google is pretty optimistic about this tablet are looking to ship 8 million units in the second half of 2013. It is unclear where this new Nexus 7 will fit into Google’s range of tablets. Will it completely replace the current Nexus 7? Or will it sit at the original Nexus 7’s price point, while its predecessor receives a price cut to appeal to shoppers on a budget? We’ll take this with a grain of salt for now, but the notion of Google refreshing their Nexus tablet range is definitely possible.
- 2014-04-17: Project Loon Tests LTE In Nevada (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Toshiba Shows How Project Ara's Modularity Can Be Applied To Wearables
- 2014-04-17: Home Try-On Program For Google Glass Launched
- 2014-04-16: Google Offering $100,000 For Best Project Ara Module
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2013-07-17: Google Nexus 7 2 Allegedly Appears In New Video, Photos [Rumor]
- 2013-07-12: Nexus 7 2 With LTE Rumored For Late July Announcement
- 2013-07-08: Staples Slashes Nexus 7 Prices, New Variant Coming?
- 2013-07-01: Nexus 7 2 Specs Leaked By ASUS Rep? [Rumor]
- 2013-06-16: Nexus 7 2 Photo Spotted Online