The “disappointing“ sales of the Nintendo Wii U may be continuing this month as there are still no noteworthy games on the console that would make gamers rush out to buy it as soon as possible. At last count, Nintendo had sold only 64,000 units of the Wii U in February, and it looks like their sales may have gone further downhill, according to an analyst.
Wedbush analyst Michael Pachter has once again given his input as to how he believes Nintendo is doing with its Wii U, which of course he believes they’re still selling terribly. In a research note to investors published today, Pachter believes Nintendo sold just 55,000 Wii U units in the U.S. last month. The Nintendo Wii, on the other hand, did better in terms of sales as it moved 85,000 units in the U.S., although it dropped a total of 51 percent year-over-year.
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, the fault here for the Nintendo Wii U’s launch failure should be pointed squarely at Nintendo as they once again didn’t launch any worthwhile software for the console. It’ll be months until there’s a worthwhile exclusive game launching on the Wii U, which means we can expect its sales to continue to suffer until Nintendo makes a move for gamers to need the Wii U.
- 2014-04-23 Ace Attorney 3DS Takes Place In Late 1800s
- 2014-04-23 Mario Kart 8 Demo Rumored For Release Ahead Of Official Game
- 2014-04-22 Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call Confirmed
- 2014-04-22 New Fatal Frame For The Wii U Being Developed
- 2014-04-21 Nintendo Game Boy Officially Turns 25 Years Old
- 2013-11-14 Watch All 30 Minutes Of The Latest Nintendo Direct Right Here
- 2013-11-07 Super Smash Bros. Wii U, 3DS Adds Marth To Its Roster Of Fighters
- 2013-10-30 Nintendo: Wii U Still Having A "Negative Impact" On Our Profits
- 2013-10-25 Nintendo Wii U Basic Set Gets Bundled With Skylanders Swap Force On Nov. 15
- 2013-10-23 Nintendo Wii U Deluxe Set Including New Super Mario Bros. U, Luigi U Starting Nov. 1