The other day we reported that Pantech would be taking the wraps off the Vega Iron on the 18th of April, and sure enough they did as the handset has been made official! For those who might not have been following the news, here’s what you can expect from the handset. Featuring a 5” 1080p Full HD display, the Pantech Vega Iron will feature a body made entirely out of metal which we’re sure some customers can appreciate. The bezel on the display is also extremely thin, although technically it isn’t bezel-less as the bezels measure a pretty impressive 2.4mm on each side.
Underneath the hood, the Vega Iron packs a 1.7GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 CPU with 2GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage with support for memory expansion via microSD, and a 13MP camera at the back. The phone will run on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean although an update to Android 4.2 Jelly Bean is planned for the future. Apart from that, the phone will also feature LTE connectivity, WiFi, and Bluetooth 4.0 and will sport a 2,150mAh battery. The handset looks pretty good although at the moment it is slated for launch on Korean carriers with no word on whether it will make its way stateside. [Press release (in Korean)]
- 2014-03-19: Samsung Galaxy Note 4, LG G3, Vega Iron 2 Will Be Waterproof Devices
- 2014-03-10: Pantech Vega Iron 2 Could Be First To Rock Snapdragon 805 Processor
- 2014-01-16: Pantech Vega Iron 2 Rumored For April Released
- 2013-12-05: Pantech Vega Secret Up Announced With Fingerprint Sensor
- 2013-11-27: Pantech Has Plans For Smartphone With Fingerprint Recognition Sensor