Sony knows that they are going to do all that they possibly can to make sure that their next generation console, the PlayStation 4, will be the top dog among next generation consoles. So far, the Wii U has taken a totally different path yet again, so the closest competitor to the PlayStation 4 would most probably be the upcoming Xbox (which looks set to be announced later this May 21st by the way) in terms of hardware. If you have a PS3 at the moment, do not see the PlayStation 4 as an upgrade, but rather, as a new addition to the console family in your living room. After all, with the PlayStation 4 priced to move, we do hope to see a more competitive console scene eventually.
What is more interesting is the fact that the PlayStation 4’s lead system architect Mark Cerny revealed recently that this console will feature the strongest launch lineup to date where PlayStation history is concerned. Cerny said, “The launch lineup for PlayStation 4 — though I unfortunately can’t give the title count — is going to be stronger than any prior PlayStation hardware. And that’s a result of that familiarity.” Pretty bold to say that so early in the game, don’t you think so? Still, if Sony can fulfill it, it would definitely be worth checking out.
Next Story: Most Workplaces Still Use Internet Explorer
- 2014-04-14: Codemasters Teases Announcements, New F1 Title Likely
- 2014-03-27: The Last Of Us For PS4 Coming This Summer
- 2014-03-20: PS4 DualShock 4 Light Bar Dim Option Coming In Next Update
- 2014-02-13: Sony Believes PlayStation 3 Still Has A Lot Of Life Left
- 2014-02-13: Gamer Exploits PS Plus Loophole, Free Membership Until 2035
- 2014-02-03: PS4 Update 1.60: Headset Support, Gold Wireless Headset Coming “Soon”
- 2013-12-11: Sony Releases PS4 System Update 1.52 Today
- 2013-12-10: PS4 Achieves Nearly 800k Gameplay Broadcasts, Over 7.1m Spectate Sessions
- 2013-12-06: 8-Hour PSN Maintenance Taking Place On December 9
- 2013-12-05: PS4 Reaches 6.5 Million 'Shares' Since The Console's Release