Charlie Kindel took the big step of skipping out on Microsoft after 21 years of working for the software giant, and decided to pit his fortunes with Amazon. Kindel did helm a fair number of divisions at Microsoft in the past two decades, where his last position was the general manager for Windows Phone as its third party app evangelist. Well, Kindel has confirmed that he has already pledged his allegiance to Amazon, although it remains to be revealed just what his involvement for the online retailer is exactly.
Got to love his name though, as it has a phonetic resemblance to Amazon’s own range of Kindle tablets. Kindel’s updated LinkedIn.com page does point towards him being in charge of creating a team which will work on something which is touted to be “a totally new area for Amazon”, so we guess we can rule tablets out, but perhaps smartphone business might be something that Amazon could very well pitch some of their vast resources into. What do you think of Kindel’s involvement, and the extent of it?
Next Story: Hoodie Helps Prevent Drones From Identifying You
- 2014-04-17: Amazon Fire TV’s Voice Search Expands Partners Roll
- 2014-04-17: Amazon Germany Workers Go On Strike Again
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-16: Amazon Cloud Drive Users Can Now See Documents Stored On A Kindle
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off