Since Sony has already confirmed that their upcoming next generation console, aptly called the Sony PS4, has been confirmed for a 2013 debut, it is a no brainer that the current PS3 stalwart is well on its way out. By no means is it going to be obsolete, since folks living in developing countries who are on the lookout for some video game entertainment might bite on the PS3 with the entry price point having dropped to reasonable levels now, and Sony knows that the PS3 is a cow that they can continue milking – at least for now, which is why there is word that Sony will be introducing a PS3 Legacy bundle which will cost $299.
It is interesting to note that the last $500 bundle that hit the market before this came with a 500GB PS3, Assassin’s Creed III, and 30 days of PlayStation Plus membership, so to know how much bang for your hard earned buck has gotten you, the Legacy bundle would have all of the mentioned in terms of hardware, accompanied by 30 days of PS Plus, Gran Turismo 5 XL and inFamous 2 – meaning you have one additional game to enjoy right out of the box. Some folks prefer to wait until the PS4 is released, hoping that this move would signal another round of price drops for the aged PS3.
Next Story: Lego NXT Xbox 360 Disc Carousel
- 2014-04-16: Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition Arriving This May 16th
- 2014-04-11: Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Allows PS3 Users To Upgrade For Free To PS4
- 2014-04-09: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Announced For PS3
- 2014-03-31: Minecraft PS3 Update Delivers New Features Like Zombie Villagers
- 2014-03-26: Minecraft TU14 Update Arrives On Xbox 360 Today, PS3 Tomorrow
- 2014-03-18: Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster Arrives On PS3, PS Vita
- 2014-01-14: Assassin’s Creed Liberation HD Launches On The Sony PS3
- 2013-12-29: PS4 Gets VidZone Free Music Video Streaming App
- 2013-12-26: Sony To End Online Support For Some Of Their First-Party PS3 Titles
- 2013-12-16: Minecraft PS3 Edition Release Date Announced To Be December 17