Acer President Jim Wong has said that the company won’t be releasing a Windows RT tablet until Microsoft releases Windows 8.1 RT. He believes that there’s no value in making a tablet that runs on the current version of RT. Acer has reiterated its commitment to develop products for RT time and time again, so it will be interesting to see what they come up with when Windows 8.1 RT comes out.
Windows 8 RT tablets haven’t exactly sold like hot cakes, so perhaps Acer is holding off for Windows 8.1 RT just so they can get an idea if the new software is being appreciated and well received. Though the company’s president is convinced that the future of Windows 8 is bright and that he expects 25% of Acer’s entire tablet business coming from this particular operating system. A rumored Acer Iconia W3 Windows 8 tablet was also pictured recently, it is expected to be announced after Microsoft’s Build conference, but it goes without saying that since there’s no substantial proof of such a gadget existing, we can’t be really sure if there is such a thing as the Iconia W3. Acer president has also confirmed previous reports that Microsoft will be releasing Windows 8.1 RT in the second half of 2013.
- 2014-04-10: Acer Veriton Z2660G AIO Desktop Computer Unveiled
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-08: Skype For Modern Windows 2.7 Introduces New Features
- 2014-04-03: Official Windows 8.1 And Windows Phone 8.1 Walkthrough Videos Released
- 2014-03-30: Acer Sends Out Invites For 29th April Event
- 2014-03-27: Acer Iconia One 7 Primed For A Release
- 2014-03-12: Acer Still Undecided On Windows Phone, Thinks It Needs More Marketing
- 2013-09-29: Acer Iconia W4 Caught On Video