Today Apple has rolled out a new firmware update for the iPhone 5. This particular update is exclusive to Apple’s flagship smartphone and has not been released for any other iOS device. There are no substantial changes, the change log lists that iOS 6.1.4 updates the “audio profile for speakerphone.” It is not unusual for Apple to release firmware updates for a specific device, its better to roll out a fix as an individual update for a particular device rather than wait for an across the board update. The latest firmware for other Apple mobile devices is iOS 6.1.3.
There are two ways to get iOS 6.1.4 firmware update on your iPhone. The update is just 11.5MB, so it wouldn’t take much time to download it over-the-air straight from the iPhone 5 itself. The update will be downloaded and automatically installed, the device will reboot when its done, which is a sign that the update has been successfully installed. Alternatively, the iPhone 5 can be hooked up with a Windows or Mac running the latest version of iTunes. The software will prompt that iOS 6.1.4 is available, it can be downloaded through iTunes which will install the update automatically as well.
- 2014-04-11: High Definition Audio Files Coming To iTunes In June [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Major iTunes Music Store Revamp Possible
- 2014-04-03: Apple App Prices Raised Already By Up To 30% In Australia
- 2014-04-03: Galaxy S5 Versus iPhone 5s In Biometrics Test
- 2014-03-31: iTunes Radio Explicit Filter Not Quite Up To Scratch
- 2014-03-17: Asphaleia Jailbreak Tweak Lets You Use Touch ID To Protect Your Apps
- 2014-03-13: iPhone 5c's Disappointing Performance Seen In China As Well
- 2014-03-09: iPhone 5s Continues To Grow As iPhone 5c Lags Behind
- 2014-03-04: Apple's M7 Continues To Track Even When Battery Is Dead