Today Apple has rolled out a new firmware update for the iPhone 5. This particular update is exclusive to Apple’s flagship smartphone and has not been released for any other iOS device. There are no substantial changes, the change log lists that iOS 6.1.4 updates the “audio profile for speakerphone.” It is not unusual for Apple to release firmware updates for a specific device, its better to roll out a fix as an individual update for a particular device rather than wait for an across the board update. The latest firmware for other Apple mobile devices is iOS 6.1.3.
There are two ways to get iOS 6.1.4 firmware update on your iPhone. The update is just 11.5MB, so it wouldn’t take much time to download it over-the-air straight from the iPhone 5 itself. The update will be downloaded and automatically installed, the device will reboot when its done, which is a sign that the update has been successfully installed. Alternatively, the iPhone 5 can be hooked up with a Windows or Mac running the latest version of iTunes. The software will prompt that iOS 6.1.4 is available, it can be downloaded through iTunes which will install the update automatically as well.RELATED
- Amazon's New Ad Pokes Fun At The iPad Air
- New iPhones Continue To Dominate Japan's Smartphone Market
- iOS Outdoes Android During The Thanksgiving And Black Friday Shopping Period
- Apple Europe's Black Friday Deals Offers Discounts, Not Gift Cards
- Retina iPad Mini's Display Ranks A "Distant Third" Compared To Nexus 7 And Kindle Fire HDX
- Follow: iOS 6.1.3, iPhone 5S, itunes,