When it comes to going green, you know that the folks over at Google do have something good going on there. Sure, search might still be their bread and butter, but for quite some time now, the company has moved forward in acquiring new technologies that could very well change the way the world works. For instance, Google has had their fair amount of air time with their self-driving cars (which did get into an accident some time or another), in addition to wearable computing devices like Google Glass. Well, it seems that Google might be making its foray into the world of wind power by acquiring a wind power company known as Makani Power.
They have invested in the company previously, and I guess that Google has seen more than enough in Makani Power to purchase it outright. So far, we have no idea on how much money Google forked out for this company as no financial terms were disclosed. Makani has been working on airborne wind turbines which are mounted on self-piloting flying wings that are tethered to the ground, just like a kite, and it remains to be seen just what Google would do with Makani in the long run. Where does your imagination take you?
Next Story: Verizon Galaxy S4 Rooted Soon After Release
- 2014-04-14: Reporter Assaulted For Wearing Google Glass In Public
- 2014-04-13: Surgeon Finds Google Glass Indispensable In His Work
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Square Considered By Google And Apple For Purchase Before
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated