Every generation needs a motto to carve out an identity, and the same applies to game consoles as well as human beings. It seems that Sony’s upcoming PS4 could very well end up with “Greatness Awaits” as its rallying cry, and this bit of information made its way out as a leak from one of Sony’s upcoming marketing campaign for the PlayStation 4. Some of the marketing material pointed to the PS4’s slogan or motto as “Greatness Awaits”, at least according to the folks over at Siliconera.
The report also detailed a future commercial from Sony that should be released not too far into the future, where Sony intends to march in the direction of surreal imagery, where it boasts of a single man who is walking down the street of a small dilapidated town. As he journeys, his friends will join up behind him while he shouts some propaganda (obviously slanting towards the PS4), such as “Who are you not to be great? You, with the imagination of a brilliant child and the powers of an ancient god.” or “Who are you to be ordinary? You, who could get away with murder, or raise the dead.” among others, and the end scene features the PS4 logo alongside the words “Greatness Awaits” imposed on a black background. I guess if you want to be great, you should not consider “Always On” in your console, right?
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: inFAMOUS Second Son PS4 Patch Arrives April 17th
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements