The long awakened sleeping dragon that we all know as China (when China sneezes, the rest of the world catches a cold) is certainly on a warpath to be number 1, and it won’t be long before the world’s most populous nation would also end up as the world’s largest economy. Having said that, here we are with another potential first from China, where the Sky City, being a pre-fab skyscraper, is tipped to also pick up the gong of being the world’s tallest structure. Not only that, it is also said to be completed in record time, too.
We are talking about a total scheduled build time of just seven months for the Sky City, and if you were to break it down, it would approximately be 13 feet per day, which is an incredibly ambitious goal by any means. Of course, this is a whole lot safer and more sane compared to the initial plan of completing the structure in 90 days. Just how safe do you think you would be if you were to be in Sky City? Very safe actually, as it boasts of the ability to resist a 9.0 magnitude earthquake, which we do hope that the $928 million building will never have to be put to the test.RELATED
- Study Finds That Fast Typists Might Not Even Remember Where The Keys Are Located
- AmazonFresh San Francisco Launch Possible Next Week
- China Bans Bitcoin Transactions Among Banks
- Microsoft CEO Candidate Alan Mulally Likely To Remain At Ford Through 2014
- Virtual Wall Could Prevent Oil Spills
- Seen at: treehugger