The long awakened sleeping dragon that we all know as China (when China sneezes, the rest of the world catches a cold) is certainly on a warpath to be number 1, and it won’t be long before the world’s most populous nation would also end up as the world’s largest economy. Having said that, here we are with another potential first from China, where the Sky City, being a pre-fab skyscraper, is tipped to also pick up the gong of being the world’s tallest structure. Not only that, it is also said to be completed in record time, too.
We are talking about a total scheduled build time of just seven months for the Sky City, and if you were to break it down, it would approximately be 13 feet per day, which is an incredibly ambitious goal by any means. Of course, this is a whole lot safer and more sane compared to the initial plan of completing the structure in 90 days. Just how safe do you think you would be if you were to be in Sky City? Very safe actually, as it boasts of the ability to resist a 9.0 magnitude earthquake, which we do hope that the $928 million building will never have to be put to the test.
Next Story: Yota Ruby LTE Hotspot Has E-Ink Display
- 2014-04-16: Google Fiber New York Roll Out Plans Denied
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: LaCie Confirms Customer Data Breach On Their Website
- 2014-04-15: Steve Jobs Movie Will Not Be Directed By David Fincher
- 2014-04-15: FBI Adds Facial Recognition To Its Arsenal