Don’t you just hate the sight of trash cans in public which are just overflowing, causing bad smell and attracting rodents? Well if you think your town is in need of more timely garbage disposal, you might want to get them to invest in a trash can called the Big Belly. As you can see in the photo, the Big Belly trash can looks pretty standard from the outside, but one of the cool things about it is that it actually comes with a built-in trash compactor, allowing it to compact trash which will allow it to store more, and when it is full, it will send an email to garbage collectors to let them know it is time to pick up the trash!
Priced at $7,000 each, they are certainly not a cheap investment, although we guess by being able to compact trash and only calling for disposal when it is full, garbage disposal services might not be needed on such a frequent basis, plus the fact that it is solar powered will not add any additional costs as well. In fact it seems that over in the city of Raleigh, they have decided to invest in these Big Belly trash cash, replacing 32 traditional bins with 10 of these bad boys, and apparently cutting costs from $40,000 to $1,600 in the process.
- 2014-04-11: Disabled Sea Turtle Gets Artificial Fin To Move Around
- 2014-04-11: Have Body Heat, Will Charge Phone
- 2014-04-11: Micro 3D Printer Kickstarter Hits The $2 Million Mark In 3 Days
- 2014-04-10: Samsung Intends To Trademark Gear Now And Gear Solo In The US
- 2014-04-10: Staples To Offer In-Store 3D Printing Service