Unreleased and unannounced devices appear prominently on our radar when they turn up for the customary stop at the Federal Communications Commission or FCC. This agency’s approval is required before such a device can be sold in the U.S.A. It look like Asus currently has a premium Android powered tablet under the wraps. A K005 Asus tablet has been spotted in a FCC filing and its touting the Snapdragon S4 Pro processor. Obviously there are no clues in the filing itself that point towards its release.
It is speculated that this unreleased tablet is approximately 10 inches, based on the sketch that has been provided to the FCC. K005 is obviously not going to be the name under which it will be released to the public, though there haven’t been any rumors of a new Asus tablet or of the moniker that it may have. Apart from the 1.7GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro chip, the filing reveals that there will also be a 6,560 mAh battery. Additional details about the specifications are currently not available. While we’re speculating, perhaps Asus is prepping this tablet for release around the holiday season?
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom (K Zoom) Hits The FCC
- 2014-04-11: Oppo R1 Drops By The FCC
- 2014-04-04: HP Slate 8 Pro 7650 Appears At The FCC
- 2014-04-03: Sony Xperia Z2 Compact Might Have Received FCC Approval Already
- 2014-04-02: Verizon Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 Hits The FCC
- 2014-03-23: ASUS PadFone X Spotted At The FCC
- 2013-12-02: Asus M80T Tablet Hits The FCC
- 2013-09-25: Asus TF502T Tablets Arrives At The FCC
- 2013-08-28: ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity Hits The FCC
- 2012-12-27: Mysterious ASUS P1801-T Spotted At The FCC