Last year when the Wikipad gaming tablet was first announced, the company pegged Halloween as a possible release time frame for the 7 inch tablet. Halloween passed without the tablet being released. The company then announced that they had indefinitely delayed it because of a “minor refinement” that they decided to introduce at the last minute. The tablet has now passed through the FCC, which can only mean one thing, its going to be released soon.
This $249 7 inch tablet promises to offer the unparalleled gaming experience of a console while providing the portability that tablets are chosen for. The device is powered by NVIDIA’s Tegra 3 quadcore processor, it comes with 16GB of on-board storage and a 7 inch IPS display. External memory expansion is possible via microSD card. The manufacturers say that they have a 10 inch version of this tablet in the pipeline as well. When devices pass through the FCC, it is a major sign of an imminent release. Tablets are already favorites for gaming, but Wikipad hopes to bring the console experience, it’ll be interesting to see what the consumer response is. Would you pick one up?RELATED
- Survey: Amazon Kindle Fire Preferred Over Tablets With Google Play For Gaming
- Xbox One SmartGlass App Now Available On iOS, Android
- Microsoft's New Temporary CEO Expected To Be Kevin Turner [Report]
- PlayStation App Released Ahead Of PS4 Launch On iOS, Android
- Call Of Duty Companion App Released For iOS, Android, Windows
- Follow: wikipad,