Acer announced a number of new computers during an event in New York City last month, one of which was its notebook hybrid Aspire R7. During the unveiling, Acer announced its Aspire R7 was teaming up with Star Trek: Into Darkness, and as a result of their partnership, the company is announcing a Star Trek-inspired version of the notebook will be made available.
The Star Trek version of the Aspire R7 offers the same specs available in the standard version, which includes a 15.6-inch Full HD display, 1.8GHz Intel Core i5 processor, and a 500GB HD with the inclusion of a 24GB SSD. What makes this version unique to the standard version is the inclusion of a Star Trek logo on the notebook itself, a travel sleeve with a Star Trek logo and additional bonuses such as a Star Trek: Into Darkness poster signed by the film crew.
The Star Trek-adorned Aspire R7 will go up for auction on eBay, with proceeds going to two charities: The Mission Continues and Save the Children. Those interested in getting an extremely limited edition Aspire R7 can take part in the auction as it’ll run from June 14 to June 24.
- 2014-04-10: Acer Veriton Z2660G AIO Desktop Computer Unveiled
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-30: Acer Sends Out Invites For 29th April Event
- 2014-03-27: Acer Iconia One 7 Primed For A Release
- 2014-03-12: Acer Still Undecided On Windows Phone, Thinks It Needs More Marketing