Amazon, one of the world’s largest online retailers, has “opened” up a new segment in their virtual stores – by offering not only 3D printers, but 3D printer accessories as well, which would open up the doorway for the lesser known and smaller manufacturers to be able to gain some entry into a market that is growing to be tighter than ever before. Some of the printers that are available hail from Afinia and Flashforge, where some folks would cry foul since the mentioned is more or less a 100% blatant rip-off of the Makerbot.
Of course, you will also see Makerbot owners who have grown sick and tired of their machines, and want to cash in from there, or whatever value there is left possible to work with after its disposal. It is interesting to note that opening up a 3D printer store by Amazon could signal the start of how 3D printing has begun to interface with popular culture. I suppose if you do happen to have some extra cash in hand and plenty of spare time, then you might want to see what else Amazon has in store.
- 2014-04-23 HBO Go Coming To Fire TV, Amazon Instant Video Gets HBO Shows
- 2014-04-23 Siri Might Find Its Way Into The New Apple TV
- 2014-04-22 Amazon Will Reportedly Change The Way We Interact With Smartphones
- 2014-04-17 Amazon Fire TV’s Voice Search Expands Partners Roll
- 2014-04-17 Amazon Germany Workers Go On Strike Again